Reliable and efficient technology
Viru Keemia Grupp has undoubtedly the best results in ex-situ oil shale processing projects for shale oil generation. For us, the success indicator for research, engineering and construction projects is the time taken from the beginning of the capital-intensive construction stages to the achievement of stable total effective equipment performance. With the development of Petroter technology, we have reached the stage where the time from the launching of the initiation stage to working at full capacity is just two weeks.
We have been producing shale oil from oil shale since 1924. We have been processing oil shale with Kiviter technology for over 80 years and we have been developing Petroter technology since 2005. Today, the group has three Petroter oil shale plants and three Kiviter factories working at full capacity.
Petroter shale oil plants are characterised by reliability and energy efficiency. In 2018, the three Petroter plants operated for a total of 905 days and the average net efficiency of oil shale processing was 90.5%.
Our professional, experienced team offers the following consultations for different stages of development:
- Laboratory oil shale processing studies using the Kiviter or Petroter processes in a batch reactor;
- Preliminary economic evaluation of oil shale processing technology, including an estimate of investment and operating costs;
- risk analysis;
- environmental impact assessment (air pollution and non-potable water generation);
- Cost-benefit analysis;
- Technological design;
- Construction design;
- Project management service;
- Design owner supervision;
- Operating staff training;
- Consulting during the launch period.