Responsible CareVKG for the good of the environment
Responsible Care was brought to life by the chemical industry in Canada in 1984; companies have decided to cooperate in order to constantly improve health, safety and the environmental indicators of products and technological processes. To date the initiative has spread all over the world.
The Federation of the Estonian Chemical Industry and its six first enterprises (including Viru Keemia Grupp AS) joined the Responsible Care initiative in August 2002.
The members of the Federation of the Estonian Chemical Industry intend to behave in accordance with good practices also when the company is not directly obliged to do so. For the company it is a way of expressing care for the impact of its products and activities also after the product has left the company.
Organization’ members guidelines
1. we make human health and safety, environmental protection, limiting of waste and contamination critical considerations and an inseparable part of the company’s business process;
2. we train and encourage all the company’ employees to act responsibly in the field of environmental protection and occupational health and safety;
3. we work on an ongoing basis to foster the sustainable use of energy and reduction of waste and pollutants;
4. we acknowledge and reduce the environmental and occupational health and safety risks in our activities;
5. within the limits of available possibilities we first investigate the influence of new processes or products on the environment and occupational health and safety before implementing them;
6. we inform public agencies of our activities and of their possible influence on the environment and occupational health and safety;
7. we inform the local public of our production activities and products and their possible influence on the environment, human health and safety;
8. we advise our clients on the safe management of our products and removal of waste;
9. we expect our partners to follow the same principles and we encourage them;