VKG for the good of the environmentSocial responsibility
VKG’s environmental activity is our company’s main economic and development activity providing the bulwark of our social responsibility. Viru Keemia Grupp AS’ investments into environmental protection are among the largest in this country and we have invested over 64 million euro already. In 2012–2020 we have planned additional environmental investments of 50 million euro.
MAJOR PROJECTS FOR DIMINISHING THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT IN 2015
It has been planned to invest ca 20.5 mln EUR into environmental projects this year.
- Reconditioning the old damp ash landfill;
- Building boilers and turbines necessary for harnessing the energy potential of residual gas generated at Petroter plants;
- Construction of phenol water purification equipment at Petroter plants of VKG Oil AS;
- Reducing the amount of pollutants impairing the ambient air quality on the VKG industrial territory in Kohtla-Järve – the final stage of the project;
- Getting ready for the construction of the third sulphur trapping device at VKG Energia OÜ.